You can create a set of Landmarks by using a text file and importing the information.
To start, open the map editor, click on the "Landmark" tab and select the icon of the file you are going to upload.
Using a CSV file (a Comma Separated Values file)
You can create multiple Landmarks at once by a CSV format file.
Specifications of CSV file
- Make sure the following columns exist:
- lat (latitude),
- lng (longitude),
- name (landmark),
- description (landmark description),
- lang (language)
- The items on the first line; lat, lng, name, description, lang are mandatory to have
- The code should be saved as UTF-8
Once you finish adding the information to your spreadsheet, go to "File" in the menu bar and select "Download", then click "comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet)"
- A row with blank or invalid "lat" or "Ing" will make the import process to fail.
- The code "lang" will be used to specify the language setting. If the cells are blank or filled in invalid codes, the language setting will be chosen depending on the one set in your browser.
- en (English)
- ja (Japanese)
- fr (French)
- es (Spanish)
- kr (Korean)
- zh-Hans (Simplified Chinese)
- zh-Hant (Traditional Chinese)
- Landmarks will be created with HTML
- HTML tags cannot be used in the description
- Landmarks will be created in a new landmark category every time CSV file is imported
- The CSV file cannot be used to overwrite the existing Landmarks
You can create multiple Landmarks at once by using the import function from the JSON format file.
Also, existing Landmarks can be exported to a JSON format file.
KML file KMLファイル
You can create multiple Landmarks at once by using the import function from the KML format file.