- Get your map ready
Maps on Stroly best when used on smartphones and tablets, since they will reflect the geolocation information, making them usable and interactive.
If your map was made using traditional mediums, you will need to scan it. We recommend a minimum of resolution 300 dpi. Scans at less than that reproduce poorly minute details.
The image size recommended is a minimum of 2500 px in height or width, higher if the illustration is very detailed. Most smart devices have very high-resolution screens and when zooming in to the map, you are able to admire all tiny details.
To not lose the details on your beautiful illustration, we recommend that the file
- Upload your map
1. In the menu option, click on 'Upload new map'.
2. Select a board: The default option, 'Private board
Input location (optional): Enter the name of the mail location represented on the map. E.g.
3. You will need to confirm the use and ownership of the image you are uploading.
- Enter your map's information
Once the map is uploaded, you will be redirected to the Map Editor Screen
*Your map is first set as 'Closed' (it will not be discoverable by other users yet).
Fill in the information about the map.
- Title: * This is absolutely required
- Date created: The date the map was created
- Description: A short description of your map
- Tags: Keywords that relate to your map (e.g. "hot springs", "Kyoto", "relax"). They will be treated as search words for your map.
- Copyright: Your map's copyright information
- License: Your map's license information
Click on '+' to input more information about your map like a collaborator, alternative title, etc.