Get your map ready
If your map is currently on paper, you will need to scan it. We recommend a minimum of resolution 300 dpi. Scans at less than that reproduce poorly minute details. The image format should be JPG/JPEG.
The image size recommended is a minimum of 2500 px in height or width, higher if the illustration is very detailed. Most smart devices have very high-resolution screens and when zooming in to the map, you are able to admire all the minute details.
Upload your map
1. Click on 'Upload new map'
2. Enter the location depicted in your map (optional)
3. Select a board. Your default will be 'Private board', but you can later create boards to organize your maps.
3. Confirm the use and ownership of the image you are uploading.
Identify your map
Once the map is uploaded, you will need to enter some information about your map.
Fill in the information about the map.
- Title: * This is absolutely required. Progress will not be saved.
- Date created: The date the map was created
- Description: A short description of your map. Take the opportunity to tell the story behind it!
- Tags: Keywords or tags that relate to your map (e.g. "hot springs", "Kyoto", "relax", your name, etc). They will be treated as search words for your map and make it discoverable.
- Copyright: Your map's copyright information
- License: Your map's license information
Click on '+' to input more information about your map like a collaborator, alternative title, etc.
Note: Your map is first set as 'Closed' (it will not be discoverable by other users yet).